Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Dark Humor in Toilet Paper People?.... Why, of Course!

REVIEW
An All Out Great Read!
 

http://www.amazon.com/Toilet-Paper-People-Cherry-Tigris-ebook/dp/B00AKJMXH4/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=
"Being a survivor myself, of childhood abuse, I generally avoid "survivor" stories as I am at the point in my story where I don't want to be reminded of these experiences. Been there done that for too many years. Plus, I consider myself a book snob, and am picky about what I read.

However, I encountered Cherry's blog quite by accident and loved what I read. I dearly wanted to read more, and my only option was to read "toilet paper people". Yes, her suffering at the hands of a sociopathic parental figure was despicable, and many times I wanted to jump into the book and murder "that woman."
 
However, what are more important to me about this book are the skill, dark humor, and power of observation that show up on every page.
 



I kept turning the pages for those reasons and finished "toilet paper people" in one day. 

Instead of feeling re-traumatized myself, I felt enriched by such fine craft. Ms. Tigris is a multi talented artist who also writes and performs hypnotic, compelling music. Fasten your seat belt: she is a force to be reckoned with!"
 
Amazon.com Review
Kindle Version
May 27, 2015

 

No comments:

Post a Comment